Контрольная работа 2
I. Раскройте скобки, поставив глагол в PresentContinuous или FutureSimple:
1) I shan’t come the plant tomorrow.
2) I think Tina is going on business to Italy next week..
3) Will you (have) talks the day after tomorrow?
4) Maybe, I will stay at home next Sunday.
5) The representatives of Simpson and Co. won’t arrive tonight.
6) Do you think, will you sign the contract next Friday?
7) Who are leaving for London this afternoon?
8) When will you meet Mr. Bell?
9) He isn’t working today.
10) I am sure their manager will come to our office tomorrow.
II. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную формы:
1) The Managing Director told us about the change of his plans.
Int. Did the manager Director tell us about the change of his plans?
Neg. The Manager Director didn’t tell us about the change of his plans.
2) My boss phoned me yesterday.
Int. Did my boss phone me yesterday?
Neg. My boss didn’t phone me yesterday.
3) We were on a business trip last month.
Int. Were we on a business trip last month?
Neg. We weren’t on a business trip last month.
4) They have just discussed the terms of the contract.
Int. Have they just discussed the terms of the contract?
Neg. They haven’t just discussed the terms of the contract.
5) The secretary has sent the documents by air mail.
Int. Has the secretary sent the documents by air mail.
Neg. The secretary hasn’t sent the documents by air mail.
6) In June we will produce two new models.
Int. Will we produce two new models in June?
Neg. In June we won’t produce two new models.
7) They will accept our offer.
Int. Will they accept our offer?
Neg. They won’t accept our offer.
8) The hotel was very expensive.
Int. Was the hotel very expensive?
Neg. The hotel wasn’t very expensive.
9) They had a meeting the day before yesterday.
Int. Did they have a meeting the day before yesterday?
Neg. They didn’t have a meeting the day before yesterday.
10) The plane for Moscow left on time.
Int. Did the plane leave for Moscow on time?
Neg. The plane didn’t leave for Moscow on time.
III. Перепишите предложения, выбрав правильную форму глагола:
1) Yesterday I phoned the bank about my credit.
2) I work here since the end of the last year.
3) Your taxi has just arrived.
4) We’re enjoying our trip. We made a lot of useful contacts.
5) I’ve seen Hugh Hopper a few days ago.
6) We went to an interesting seminar last week.
7) During the previous talks they have agreed to lower the prices.
8) Did you look through the latest catalogue yet?
9) I’m afraid Patrizia left the office an hour ago.
10) I’m afraid Patrizia isn’t here- she has left the office.
IV. Составьте предложения с модальными глаголами:
Образец:: you/ to/ write/ a letter/ can/ Mr. Dunn/ now?- Can you write a letter to Mr. Dunn now?
1) The secretary must look through the mail every morning.
2) I can’t make Mr. Green with an appointment now.
3) They must begin the talks at 11.
4) May I leave the room?
5) Can you show Mr. Blake our quotation?
6) Must he go to the office every day?
7) May I catalogue this study?
8) You mustn’t sent the contact today.
9) I can’t discuss the matter today.
10) You may invite the businessmen to the conference room.
V. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степени:
1) От прилагательных: Old: older(elder), oldest(eldest);
Expensive: more expensive, the most expensive;
Good: better, the best;
Cheap: cheaper, the cheapest;
Modern: more modern, the most modern;
Bad: worse, the worst.
2) От наречий: Late: later, the latest;
Carefully: more carefully, the most carefully;
Slowly: more slowly, the most slowly;
Badly: worse, the worst;
Long: longer, the longest;
Early: more early, the most early.
VI. Заполнитепропуски, употребляяместоимения: somebody, something, anybody, anything, nobody, nothing, everybody:
1) She said something but I didn’t understand it.
2) Is there anything you’d like to clarify?
3) I’m afraid there is something wrong with your order.
4) Will anybody help me with these documents?
5) Somebody must go to the airport to meet Mr. White.
6) There is nothing interesting for us in this catalogue. Don’t take it.
7) Would you like anything to drink?
8) It was rather late, there was nobody in the office.
9) Have you heard anything about their equipment?
10) Everybody liked the visit to the plant, it was very interesting.
VII. Перепишите предложения, употребив правильные предлоги:
1) We are interested to receiving offers from British companies.
2) Their telephone equipment is high quality. It meets the requirements by their customers.
3) Can I speak to Mr. Petrov, please? - Yes, I’m putting you in .
4) We agree to accept payment for collection.
5) Our machines are great demand of this price.
6) He was 10 minutes late for the meeting.
7) We can agree to this discount.
8) We can’t agree with the Sellers that their price is attractive.
9) Three months ago Rossimport received an enquiry for compressors from their customers.
10) Is it convenient for you to have talks with them?
11) VIII. Прочтите текст. Переведите абзац № 2 письменно:
Последний месяц он провел в Великобритании. Он ездил туда подписать контракт на покупку оборудования. Переговоры были очень сложными. Петров и Британцы обсуждали условия доставки, отгрузки и другие важные моменты. Поставщики согласились снизить цену.
IX. Найдите в тексте эквиваленты данных предложений:
1) Его компания торгует со многими зарубежными фирмами.
His organization does business with lots of foreign firms.
2) Он ездил туда подписать контракт на покупку оборудования.
He went there to sign a contract for the purchase of some equipment.
3) Петров посетил различные заводы, где он видел оборудование в эксплуатации.
Petrov visited different plants where he saw the equipment in operation.
4) Ему повезло с погодой.
Boris was lucky with the weather.
5) Он встретился с консультантами юридических фирм.
He met consultants from law firms.
X. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту:
1) Petrov often goes on business to different European, Asian and African countries.
2) Petrov was in Great Britain last month.
3) He went there to have talks.
4) Yes. Petrov visited different plants.
5) He attended the trade conference.